Reading – Week 10
Monday 29th June:
- Visit BBC Bitesize by clicking on the link below and learn all about an important woman in history called Florence Nightingale.
- Watch the video and read the facts to learn all about her.
- Complete the sequencing activity online and the fact sheet in your purple book if you can’t print it.
- Challenge: write down 3 facts that you have learnt about Florence Nightingale and share these facts with your family.
Tuesday 30th June:
- Log into your Rising Stars library and read one of the books chosen for you by your class teacher. Complete the quiz and try to earn a bronze, silver or gold star! https://my.risingstars-uk.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Email your class teacher if you need your login details.
- Challenge: choose one of the characters out of the books you just read. If you could ask them 3 questions, what would you ask?
Wednesday 1st July:
- Open the document Sully the Seahorse – Part 1. This story is written by the same author as the Monty story from last week!
- Read this part of the story and use your Retrieve with Rex and Isa Inference skills to answer questions about the story so far.
- Challenge: What does the word excitement mean? When are you full of excitement? Explain a time when you were excited – you could write this in your purple book. Think of a character from a book that you have read that has been excited and explain what made them excited and what they said or did to show this.
Thursday 2nd July:
- Open the document Sully the Seahorse – Part 2.
- Read this part of the story and use your Retrieve with Rex and Isa Inference skills to complete the tasks.
- You can now listen to the full story by following this link – enjoy!
Friday 3rd July:
- Visit BBC Bitesize by clicking on the link below and explore this science game called Galaxy Pugs.
- You have to use all of the science knowledge you have learnt in Year 1 and 2 about animals, plants, habitats, materials and the human body to complete the challenges.
- You might learn something new too – write any new facts in your purple book!