All the texts that are needed for this week are below
- Open today’s document, read part of the story ‘The Great Dragon Rescue’ and answer the questions. Use your Retrieve with Rex skills and find the answers in the text!
- Challenge: Draw a picture of the dragon in this part of the story. Write a sentence underneath to explain what is happening.
- Open today’s document, read part 2 of the story ‘The Great Dragon Rescue’ and answer the questions. Use your Retrieve with Rex skills and find the answers in the text!
- Challenge 1: Draw 3 pictures to show what has happened in the story so far. Challenge 2: how do you think this story will end? Talk about this with your family. You can now listen to the whole story here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTgsj7rxdSE
- Read a book of your choice – it could be one of your own stories or a book from school. Now write a review or talk about this story with your family: what did you like/dislike about it? Who was your favourite character and why? What was the best part and why? Retell this story in your own words. Would you recommend this book to a friend and why?
- Open today’s document, read the non-fiction text about Minibeasts and answer the questions.
- Challenge: research your favourite minibeast and write a factfile about it.
- Draw a new front cover for one of your favourite stories – don’t forget to include the title, author and illustrator!
- Challenge: read this story if you have it at home or find a way of listening to this story – you could see if there’s a video on the internet J
Your child may need support in reading some of the tricky words in these tasks as well as finding out the meaning of new words.
You could use a dictionary or do an internet search to discover what these new words mean. You could then try putting this new vocabulary into sentences of your own!