Monday 1st June:
- Log into your Rising Stars library and read one of the books chosen for you by your class teacher. Complete the quiz and try to earn a bronze, silver or gold star! https://my.risingstars-uk.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Email your class teacher if you need your login details.
- Challenge: whilst reading, hunt for 5 new or unfamiliar words in the story and make a list of them. Then when you have read the story, find out what these new words mean! You could use a dictionary, ask an adult or do an internet search!
Tuesday 2nd June:
- Visit Espresso – click on the link from our school website: https://www.silvertreesacademy.co.uk/espresso/
- Now click on Key Stage 1, English and scroll down to and click on Exploring Non-Fiction: this will take you to lots of different non-fiction texts. Choose a text to focus on (Making a Space Shuttle is a good one!)
- Complete the reading and understanding activities for the non-fiction text you have chosen – make sure you have a go at the quiz!
Wednesday 3rd June:
- Visit the ‘Roy the Zebra’ website by following this link: https://www.roythezebra.com/reading-games.html
- Now scroll down to the Words that Rhyme games and choose one to play!
- Click on the links below to read and enjoy different animal poems – I like the one about chickens!
- Challenge: open the Animal Poetry document below and create your very own poem – be creative! Use the poems you just read as inspiration and make sure you email your super poems to me – I’d love to read them!
Thursday 4th June:
- Open the document Worm Slug Maggot and Leech – Part 1.
- Read part of the story and answer the questions. Use your Retrieve with Rex skills to find the answers in the text!
- Challenge: Be creative and draw your very own ugly animal!
Friday 5th June:
- Open today’s document Worm Slug Maggot and Leech – Part 2.
- Read the second part of the story and answer the questions. Use your Retrieve with Rex skills to find the answers in the text!
- Challenge: can you think of a different story about minibeasts? Find a story about creatures and enjoy reading! You could do an internet search if you haven’t got a minibeast story at home. (Superworm is a great one!)