Reading – Week 8
Monday 15th June:
- Log into Oxford Owl and choose a story to read. Your login details were in the home learning pack from school.
- Challenge: write a review of the book you have just read by answering these questions. You could do this verbally or write your review in your purple book:
Who was your favourite character in the story and why?
Where was the story set?
What was your favourite part of the story and why?
Would you recommend this story to a friend, why?
Tuesday 16th June:
- Visit BBC Bitesize by clicking on the link below and listen to the story Funnybones by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. We read some of the Funnybones stories in Year 1 – do you remember? https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z6djqp3
- Scroll through the page and complete the activities about this story – you can write the answers down in your purple writing book.
Wednesday 17th June:
- Log into your Rising Stars library and read one of the books chosen for you by your class teacher. Complete the quiz and try to earn a bronze, silver or gold star! https://my.risingstars-uk.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Email your class teacher if you need your login details.
- Challenge: draw, paint or collage a scene from the story you just read – be creative! You could create the setting of the story, or even the characters.
Thursday 18th June:
- Open the document How to Hide a Lion – Part 1.
- Look at the picture and use your Predict with Pip and Isa Inference skills to think about what is happening in this part of the story.
- Complete the grid to explain your predictions.
Friday 19th June:
- Open the document How to Hide a Lion – Part 2.
- Use your Retrieve with Rex and Isa Inference skills to answer the questions.
- You can now listen to the full story by following this link – enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA2vUsL9S10