Reading – Week 12
Monday 13th July:
- Visit BBC Bitesize by clicking on the link below and listen to the story The Night Box by Louise Greig. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zj6qmfr
- Scroll through the page and complete the activities about this story – you can write the answers down in your purple writing book.
Tuesday 14th July:
- Visit Education Quizzes by clicking on the link below and read part of this story called Aliens Stole my Homework.
- Read the story extract and scroll down to answer the questions below – you will need to use your Rex Retriever skills and find the answers in the text.
Wednesday 15th July:
- Log into your Rising Stars library and read one of the books chosen for you by your class teacher. Complete the quiz and try to earn a bronze, silver or gold star!
- Email your class teacher if you need your login details.
- Challenge: imagine that you were the author of the story you have just read. If you were going to write another book about this main character, what would the story be about? What would the plot of the story be? Where would it be set?
Thursday 16th July:
- Open the document How to Hide a Lion at School – Part 1. This story is the next story that follows on from How to Hide a Lion that you read a few weeks ago!
- Read this part of the story and use your Retrieve with Rex skills to answer questions about the story so far.
Friday 17th July:
- Open the document How to Hide a Lion at School – Part 2.
- Read this part of the story and use your Isa Inference skills to complete the tasks.
- You can now listen to the full story by following this link – enjoy!