Year 1 Week 2 Phonics Home Learning
For our Phonics work we will be using the Phonics Play website – remember you can get free access using the username: march20 and Password: home
Monday 27th April:
- Focus sounds: ai, ay, a-e.
- Visit Phonics Play and play Picnic and Pluto. Practise reading words with the sounds above and try and sort the real and nonsense words correctly.
- Challenge: Can you read the Phoneme Spotter and identify all the words with today’s focus sound? Can you write a sentence using one of the words you have found?
Tuesday 28th April:
- Focus sounds: ee, ea, ey, e-e.
- Can you sort these words into the correct group?
monkey, meat, tree, complete, extreme, trolley, beach, teeth, cream, week, donkey, even. Practise writing these words in your books.
- Challenge: Visit Phonics Play and play Tricky Word Trucks. How fast can you read the tricky words?
Wednesday 29th April:
- Focus sounds: igh, ie, i-e.
- Visit Phonics Play and play Dragon’s Den. Revisit all of the focus sounds and try to sort the real and nonsense words correctly.
- Challenge: Can you practise spelling these word in your books? Think carefully about what sound you have got to use: hide, right, high, strike, fried, pie, fight, shine, tie.
Thursday 30th April:
- Focus sounds: oa, oe, o-e.
- Play the word and picture match containing today’s focus sounds.
- Challenge: Read the Phoneme Spotter. Can you spot all of the words containing our focus sounds? Can you write a sentence and draw a picture to go with it?
Friday 1st May: