Year 1 Week 1 Phonics Home Learning
For our Phonics work we will be using the Phonics Play website – remember you can get free access using the username: march20 and Password: home
Monday 20th April:
- Visit Phonics Play and complete Flashcards time challenge – how many of your sounds can you read in one minute? Challenge yourself to read Phase 3 and Phase 5 sounds. Follow the link below:
- Phase 3 – Can you read the words below and then practise writing them out. Remember to add your sound buttons.
church thing train fright start chair point
Challenge: Can you write a sentence using one or more of the words?
Tuesday 21st April:
- Visit Phonics Play and complete tricky word trucks. How many different words can you read? Challenge yourself to read through the phases. Follow the link below:
- Phase 4 – read the sentences and draw a picture to represent each sentence.
Wednesday 22nd April:
- Visit Phonics Play and play Picnic on Pluto. Revisit all Phase 3 sounds and try to sort the real and nonsense words correctly. Follow the link below:
- Phase 3 – Look at the pictures on the attached activity. Can you write the correct word to match the pictures? Challenge yourself with writing a sentence about one of the pictures.
Thursday 23rd April:
- Visit Phonics Bloom and play Word Pairs. Match the word to the correct picture. Follow this link:
- Play Phase 4 snakes and ladders games blending the words to read and win the game. See attached sheet.
Friday 24th April:
If you don’t have a printer at home to print out these phonics activities, then don’t worry! They can all be adapted to be completed in a different way!
For example: creating your own snakes and ladders game, or writing the words out on pieces of paper and see how quickly you can read them. You could turn it into a game by asking someone to hide the words around the house and you could go on a word hunt.
You could also write the words or sentences in your purple writing books or on paper and then draw the matching picture next to it.